Who we are
Mobility is a basic human right of everyone.
It opens endless opportunities and equal possibilities, no matter where you were born or where you live.
We are committed to empowering cities, businesses, and people everywhere to enjoy a better quality of life by removing the limitations and barriers of urban mobility.
Powered by the largest mobility community in the world, we are helping to create cleaner, safer and better cities to live in where mobility will become an enabler for people and businesses to discover endless opportunities.
How we do it
We help people everywhere get to their destination in the smoothest way possible, by combining all options for real-time trip planning and payment in one app.
We provide governments, cities, transit agencies/operators and all organizations with mobility challenges, with AI-powered mobility solutions covering planning, operations, and analytics, with proven value in reducing congestion, growing ridership, and increasing efficiency and asset utilization – ultimately shifting car drivers to consume public and shared mobility.
We create technology for people around the world to impact their local community.
In 2012, Moovit launched as a free app for iOS, Android and for Web browsers to guide people in getting around town effectively and conveniently using any mode of transit. Over the years we’ve grown to now serve over 1.5B riders in 3,500 cities across 112 countries, in 45 languages.
We help people change the way they consume mobility by fully integrating all forms of transport, including all modes of public transit, local bicycle services, ride-hailing (Uber / Lyft), scooters, car-sharing, carpooling, and more into the Moovit app. The Moovit app combines information from public transit operators and authorities with live information from the user community to offer travelers a real-time picture, including the best route for their journey.
Moovit amasses up to 6B anonymous data points a day to add to the world’s largest repository of transit data. The data gathering is aided by Moovit’s network of more than 875,000 local editors called ‘Mooviters.‘ These passionate users help map and maintain local transit information in cities that would otherwise be unserved. Mooviters account for 77 percent of the hundreds of cities Moovit opens every year, helping make Moovit the “Wikipedia of Transit.”
The Moovit app was named “Best Local App” by Google in 2016, a finalist in the “Build for Billions” category in 2018, and one of Apple’s Best Apps of 2017.
In 2017, we evolved and launched a suite of MaaS solutions, powered by AI, covering planning, operations, and optimization with proven value in reducing congestion, growing ridership, and increasing operational efficiency. Industry leaders such as Microsoft, Uber, TomTom, and Cubic have partnered with us to power their mobility offerings.
Hundreds of cities and global events, organizations, and cities have made Moovit their official transit app, including Euroleague Basketball, Asian Games, Jakarta, AS Roma football club, Inter football club, the city of Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Olympics games, the UEFA Championship in France 2015, Vuelta a España 2019, and more.
In May 2020, Moovit was acquired by Intel to join forces with Mobileye and advance its MaaS strategy. Together, Moovit and Mobileye will accelerate the global adoption of autonomous transportation.
- 1.5B users across all platforms – Android, iOS and Web
- Products fully localized to 45 languages
- Offering service in 3,500 cities across 112 countries
- 6B anonymous data points added every day to our People’s Movement Data repository
- Our Transit Data Repository is considered the largest in the world. It holds information of :
- 7,500 transit operators (lines, routes. and timetables)
- Real-Time arrivals and Service Alerts updates for over 4,000 transit operators
- +6 million stops & stations
- Connectivity to 360 shared and micro-mobility service providers (taxis, Uber, Lyft, bikes, scooters, e-scooters, mopeds, shared-cars and more)
- Our Mooviter Community
- 875,000 Mooviters (Local Editors) from 142 countries
- Mooviters account for 77% of the hundreds of cities Moovit opens every year and what makes Moovit the “Wikipedia of Transit”
- 2,000 cities in the pipeline to be added by Mooviters
- Employees: +280
- Headquarters: Ness Ziona, Israel
- International Offices:
- The Americas: San Francisco (main office), New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia
- South America: Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro
- Europe: London, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Rome, Istanbul
- Asia Pacific: Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta
Awards & Recognition
- Asia Smart App Awards 2020 – Gold award in the Lifestyle, Social & Entertainment category (2020)
- Transport Ticketing Global – Best Real Time Passenger Information Implementation of the Year (2020)
- Smart Cities Connect – Smart 50 Award (2020)
- GovTech 100 – Leading Mobility as a Service (MaaS) Provider and #1 Public Transit App (2020)
- Google Play Awards, finalist in the Build for Billions category (2018)
- City of Tomorrow Challenge – Pittsburgh USA, winner (2018)
- Apple App Store “Best of 2017” app (2017)
- Google’s Play Awards, Best Local App, winner (2016)
- New York’s MTA App Quest, Popular Choice winner (2013)