On Saturday 16 September, Atlético Madrid takes on Malaga for the first game of the season at the club’s brand new home, Wanda Metropolitano Stadium. With more than 60,000 people estimated to attend, most of whom travel by public transit, Moovit has stepped in to show fans how to get to the new Wanda Stadium.
The Moovit app is multimodal, so it combines all types of transportation available in the Madrid area, including: Metro, EMT, Interurban, Cercanías and even BiciMAD. The Moovit team has also made a number of updates to the transit app specifically for the grand opening of the Wanda Stadium to make sure you don’t miss kick-off.
1) Users can have quick access when searching for the stadium through keywords like ‘Wanda’, ‘Metropolitano’, ‘Atleti’ or ‘Atletico’, so they don’t need waste time looking up the address.
2) “Wanda Metropolitano” will appear on the map as a point of interest so that Moovit users can plan their itinerary easily from any location in Madrid.
3) A special section has been created specifically for the event where users can easily view an access map, as well as real-time public transit information.
4) Get Off Notifications on the app warn fans when their stop is coming up, so they can enjoy getting into the spirit of the game, instead of worrying about when to get off.
5) Users can upload photos of stops and stadiums directly to the app to help other fans identify the different access points to the stadium via public transport.
In addition to the Moovit app, you can use Moovit on Web to search for directions on your desktop or mobile device. If you know a friend that’s headed to the game, make sure you share this with them so they can have a smooth journey there via public transport and never miss a goal.